LOS ANGELES (AP) — Terrell Gomez scored a career-high 29 points and made 5 of 9 from 3-point range to help CSU Northridge beat Morgan State 94-86 on Saturday night.
Lamine Diane added 16 points and 15 rebounds for the seventh double-double of his freshman season. Diane entered the game eighth in the nation in scoring and 16th in rebounding and ended the night averaging 23.6 points and 10.5 rebounds.
The Matadors (6-8) took the lead for good at 21-19 on Rodney Henderson Jr.’s layup early in an 18-3 run that ended at 34-22 with 5:15 left in the first half. CSU Northridge matched the 12-point lead before the end of the first half but was unable to extend the margin any further.
The Bears (5-7) rallied with Stanley Davis’ free throw with 6:47 left in the game cutting the deficit to 76-74, but that was as close as they would get.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Huskies ride their pitching to super regional sweep, return to Women's College World Series
- State roundup: Muckleshoot Tribal’s Rosalie Fish wins three titles, makes statement while doing it
- Frustrations boil over for Mariners as they're swept in Oakland, losing streak at six
- Mariners Sunday mailbag: What's it like to cover a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 17 seasons?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Davis had 25 points and nine rebounds, and Sherwyn Devonish added 22 points for Morgan State.