LOS ANGELES (AP) — Terrell Gomez scored a career-high 29 points and made 5 of 9 from 3-point range to help CSU Northridge beat Morgan State 94-86 on Saturday night.
Lamine Diane added 16 points and 15 rebounds for the seventh double-double of his freshman season. Diane entered the game eighth in the nation in scoring and 16th in rebounding and ended the night averaging 23.6 points and 10.5 rebounds.
The Matadors (6-8) took the lead for good at 21-19 on Rodney Henderson Jr.’s layup early in an 18-3 run that ended at 34-22 with 5:15 left in the first half. CSU Northridge matched the 12-point lead before the end of the first half but was unable to extend the margin any further.
The Bears (5-7) rallied with Stanley Davis’ free throw with 6:47 left in the game cutting the deficit to 76-74, but that was as close as they would get.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sources: UW Huskies junior Jacob Eason wins starting quarterback job
- With QB job apparently his, Jacob Eason gets chance to take UW Huskies to new level | Larry Stone
- Jacob Eason is the starter ... but UW QB Jake Haener will also play in Huskies' season opener
- Analysis: Seven Seahawks with a lot on the line Saturday against the Chargers
- Jim Zorn isn't afraid of new challenges — he relishes them. That's why he's XFL Seattle's new coach and GM.
Davis had 25 points and nine rebounds, and Sherwyn Devonish added 22 points for Morgan State.