Drew Warford shot a 2-under 70 at Gold Mountain.
Drew Warford of Snoqualmie and Mount Si High School shot a 2-under-par 70 to earn medalist honors in leading a field of 83 players Wednesday in a U.S. Junior Amateur Championship sectional qualifying event on the par-72 Olympic Course at Gold Mountain Golf Club in Bremerton.
The two other players to advance from this qualifier were Ilirian Zalli, 16, of Vancouver, B.C., and Nathan Cogswell of Kent (Kentwood High School). Both players shot 1-under 71 and survived a four-way playoff to secure the final two available spots from this qualifier.
John Hayes of Sammamish and Michael Crisologo of Richmond, B.C., lost out in the playoff, making them the first and second alternates.
Warford, Zalli and Cogswell advance to compete in the 2018 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship, July 16-21 at Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, N.J.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Can these top draft picks fill the shoes of the big names they're replacing?
- Ryon Healy still grinding, but he's running out of time to keep his spot with Mariners | Calkins
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Where does Shaquem Griffin and his competition make our list?
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Who stands just outside the top 10 on our list?
- UW Huskies fall preview: Byron Murphy, Taylor Rapp and one of the nation's top secondaries