Drew Warford shot a 2-under 70 at Gold Mountain.
Drew Warford of Snoqualmie and Mount Si High School shot a 2-under-par 70 to earn medalist honors in leading a field of 83 players Wednesday in a U.S. Junior Amateur Championship sectional qualifying event on the par-72 Olympic Course at Gold Mountain Golf Club in Bremerton.
The two other players to advance from this qualifier were Ilirian Zalli, 16, of Vancouver, B.C., and Nathan Cogswell of Kent (Kentwood High School). Both players shot 1-under 71 and survived a four-way playoff to secure the final two available spots from this qualifier.
John Hayes of Sammamish and Michael Crisologo of Richmond, B.C., lost out in the playoff, making them the first and second alternates.
Warford, Zalli and Cogswell advance to compete in the 2018 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship, July 16-21 at Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, N.J.
Most Read Sports Stories
- After being fired, Lorena Martin levels accusations of racism at Mariners, who call them 'false'
- No matter how it plays out, Lorena Martin's racism claim against Mariners stains the organization | Larry Stone
- UW Huskies make scholarship offer to Kennedy Catholic's Sam Huard, top QB recruit in 2021 class VIEW
- Report: In wake of Paul Allen's death, Seahawks will eventually be sold, possibly for record amount
- Major League Baseball will investigate claims of racism against the Mariners