Drew Warford shot a 2-under 70 at Gold Mountain.
Drew Warford of Snoqualmie and Mount Si High School shot a 2-under-par 70 to earn medalist honors in leading a field of 83 players Wednesday in a U.S. Junior Amateur Championship sectional qualifying event on the par-72 Olympic Course at Gold Mountain Golf Club in Bremerton.
The two other players to advance from this qualifier were Ilirian Zalli, 16, of Vancouver, B.C., and Nathan Cogswell of Kent (Kentwood High School). Both players shot 1-under 71 and survived a four-way playoff to secure the final two available spots from this qualifier.
John Hayes of Sammamish and Michael Crisologo of Richmond, B.C., lost out in the playoff, making them the first and second alternates.
Warford, Zalli and Cogswell advance to compete in the 2018 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship, July 16-21 at Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, N.J.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pete Carroll says Seahawks QB Russell Wilson is 'over-trying,' plus injury updates and more
- Where was Chris Carson in Seahawks' loss to Bears? Pete Carroll has an explanation --- or two
- Former WSU quarterback Jason Gesser resigns amid sexual-misconduct allegations
- All Seahawks show in Monday night loss to Bears is the extent of their decline
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' loss to the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football