ATHENS, Ga. (AP) — Georgia coach Joni Taylor has given birth to a girl less than 12 hours after leading the Lady Bulldogs to a victory.
The Bulldogs said in a release Tuesday that Taylor is resting comfortably with her second child, Drew Simone Taylor. Her husband Drew and their older daughter Jacie welcomed Drew at 7:29 a.m. on Tuesday.
Taylor thanked “everyone in the Georgia community for your prayers and encouragement during this happy season of our lives” in a statement. “I am thrilled that Drew will be surrounded by so many special people, and that she will be a part of the Bulldog family.”
Taylor led Georgia to a 78-56 win over Mississippi on Monday night. There are no immediate plans for when she will return to the team. Associate head coach Karen Lange is overseeing the Lady Bulldogs (15-10) in her absence.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Now and Then? Mariners send Edwin Encarnacion to Yankees for prospect they already traded away
- Mariners Sunday mailbag: Could Seattle set a record-low attendance mark this week?
- He was the No. 1 amateur in the world as a senior at UW. Now, he's giving up professional golf.
- Lakers' trade for Anthony Davis something LeBron James and the NBA desperately needed | Matt Calkins
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events