FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) — Otis Livingston II scored 15 points and Justin Kier added his seventh double-double of the season to power George Mason to a 62-55 victory over George Washington on Saturday night.
Kier, who has won two straight Atlantic 10 Conference player of the week awards, finished with 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Patriots (13-8, 7-1), who continued their best start in six seasons as an A-10 member and moved a half-game ahead of idle Davidson. Jarred Reuter pitched in with 10 points, six rebounds and four assists.
Terry Nolan Jr. paced the Colonials (6-14, 2-5) with 15 points and nine rebounds, while DJ Williams and Justin Mazzulla scored 14 apiece.
George Mason led 27-25 at halftime. Mazzulla’s 3-pointer with 16:27 left in the second half pulled the Colonials within 31-30, but Greene and Livingston hit back-to-back jumpers to ignite an 11-0 run and the Patriots never looked back.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Michigan defensive line twins Armon, Jayvon Parker announce dual commitments to UW Huskies
- Seahawks position review: Russell Wilson is still the Seahawks quarterback for now. But who will be behind him?
- Born with a club foot, Edmonds ice dancer Jean-Luc Baker defied the odds and is ready for his first Olympics
- Gonzaga legend and Basketball Hall of Famer John Stockton draws ire for anti-vaccine comments
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
George Mason came into the game leading the A-10 in free-throw percentage at 82.9 percent, but they made just 11 of 26 (42 percent) against the Colonials.