LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — Jakeenan Gant had 23 points as Louisiana-Lafayette narrowly beat Georgia State 76-72 on Friday night.
Cedric Russell had 14 points for Louisiana-Lafayette (14-10, 5-6 Sun Belt Conference). Trajan Wesley added 10 points. Marcus Stroman had seven assists and six rebounds for the hosts.
Devin Mitchell had 21 points for the Panthers (16-8, 7-4). D’Marcus Simonds added 19 points and six rebounds. Nelson Phillips had 14 points and six rebounds.
The Ragin’ Cajuns evened the season series against the Panthers with the win. Georgia State defeated Louisiana-Lafayette 89-76 on Jan. 10. Louisiana-Lafayette plays Georgia State at home on Saturday. Georgia State faces Louisiana-Lafayette on the road on Saturday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Should the Seahawks make a run at Minkah Fitzpatrick? The next week or two could tell a lot
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from the No. 23 UW Huskies' 52-20 win over Hawaii
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from the Seahawks' 28-26 win over the Steelers
- Seahawks-Steelers GameCenter: Live updates, how to watch, stream Seattle's road test in Pittsburgh
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com