LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — Jakeenan Gant had 23 points as Louisiana-Lafayette narrowly beat Georgia State 76-72 on Friday night.
Cedric Russell had 14 points for Louisiana-Lafayette (14-10, 5-6 Sun Belt Conference). Trajan Wesley added 10 points. Marcus Stroman had seven assists and six rebounds for the hosts.
Devin Mitchell had 21 points for the Panthers (16-8, 7-4). D’Marcus Simonds added 19 points and six rebounds. Nelson Phillips had 14 points and six rebounds.
The Ragin’ Cajuns evened the season series against the Panthers with the win. Georgia State defeated Louisiana-Lafayette 89-76 on Jan. 10. Louisiana-Lafayette plays Georgia State at home on Saturday. Georgia State faces Louisiana-Lafayette on the road on Saturday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Soccer star Megan Rapinoe will be secretary of state if Jay Inslee has any say
- Four-star 2020 Eastside Catholic RB Sam Adams II verbally commits to UW Huskies
- On his path to the Hall of Fame, Edgar Martinez never forgot his humble hometown in Puerto Rico VIEW
- Grady Jarrett's new contract is good news for Jarran Reed, not so much for the Seahawks | Analysis
- Natasha Howard, playing despite domestic abuse allegations, helps lead Storm past Liberty
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com