LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — Jakeenan Gant had 23 points as Louisiana-Lafayette narrowly beat Georgia State 76-72 on Friday night.
Cedric Russell had 14 points for Louisiana-Lafayette (14-10, 5-6 Sun Belt Conference). Trajan Wesley added 10 points. Marcus Stroman had seven assists and six rebounds for the hosts.
Devin Mitchell had 21 points for the Panthers (16-8, 7-4). D’Marcus Simonds added 19 points and six rebounds. Nelson Phillips had 14 points and six rebounds.
The Ragin’ Cajuns evened the season series against the Panthers with the win. Georgia State defeated Louisiana-Lafayette 89-76 on Jan. 10. Louisiana-Lafayette plays Georgia State at home on Saturday. Georgia State faces Louisiana-Lafayette on the road on Saturday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Co-defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake staying at Washington, with a smile on his face | Matt Calkins
- 'You mean the nicest guy in camp': Evan White is the future at first base for the Mariners
- Three impressions from UW's 72-70 win at WSU: Huskies are close to locking up the Pac-12 title WATCH
- Huskies stage furious rally in second half to spurn Cougars' upset bid VIEW
- Seahawks' defensive line has a few big question marks entering offseason but a lot of options to choose from | 2019 position analysis
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com