LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — Jakeenan Gant had 23 points as Louisiana-Lafayette narrowly beat Georgia State 76-72 on Friday night.
Cedric Russell had 14 points for Louisiana-Lafayette (14-10, 5-6 Sun Belt Conference). Trajan Wesley added 10 points. Marcus Stroman had seven assists and six rebounds for the hosts.
Devin Mitchell had 21 points for the Panthers (16-8, 7-4). D’Marcus Simonds added 19 points and six rebounds. Nelson Phillips had 14 points and six rebounds.
The Ragin’ Cajuns evened the season series against the Panthers with the win. Georgia State defeated Louisiana-Lafayette 89-76 on Jan. 10. Louisiana-Lafayette plays Georgia State at home on Saturday. Georgia State faces Louisiana-Lafayette on the road on Saturday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: With the roster just about complete, have the Seahawks made themselves better?
- Quentin Moore, the top 2021 JUCO tight end, verbally commits to UW Huskies
- Could Seahawks sign Antonio Brown? It's unlikely and maybe unadvised but not impossible
- Russell Wilson may want Seahawks to sign Antonio Brown, but a lot would have to happen first
- Will coronavirus concerns wipe out high-school football this fall? WIAA says it's too soon to tell
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com