LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — Jakeenan Gant had 29 points as Louisiana-Lafayette topped Coastal Carolina 83-70 on Thursday night.
Cedric Russell had 14 points for Louisiana-Lafayette (17-11, 8-7 Sun Belt Conference). Marcus Stroman added 13 points, eight assists and five steals. Jerekius Davis had seven rebounds for the hosts.
Devante Jones had 19 points for the Chanticleers (13-14, 7-8). Ebrima Dibba added 14 points. Tyrell Gumbs-Frater had 14 points.
The Ragin’ Cajuns leveled the season series against the Chanticleers with the win. Coastal Carolina defeated Louisiana-Lafayette 96-79 on Feb. 2. Louisiana-Lafayette plays Appalachian State at home on Sunday. Coastal Carolina faces Louisiana-Monroe on the road on Saturday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- Tongan Olympian who became a viral sensation for his oiled torso asks for tsunami help
- UW Husky men's win vs. Stanford wasn't just a victory, it was a message to the Pac-12 that they're better than expected
- Mariners mailbag: Answering questions on spring training, lockout timelines and uniform changes
- Former Kennedy Catholic WR standout Lonyatta 'Junior' Alexander announces transfer from ASU to Washington
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap , using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com