STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) — Roberto Gallinat scored 16 points and grabbed seven rebounds and Pacific held on to edge Portland 74-70 on Saturday afternoon.
Gallinat was 10 of 12 from the free throw line for the Tigers (12-10, 2-5 West Coast Conference), who snapped a two-game skid. Jeremiah Bailey added 12 points and nine rebounds and Lafayette Dorsey had 11 points.
Pacific had a 42-26 rebounding advantage over Portland.
The Tigers were up 37-22 at the break and led throughout the second half. Portland battled back early in the period to close to 56-51 on a Marcus Shaver Jr. layup with 5:57 to play but Gallinat sank nine free throws in the final 5:36 to help keep Pacific on top.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Kraken unveil new mascot, a troll named Buoy
- DK Metcalf's injury-cart ride because of 'tummy ache' and locker room distance
- Geno Smith is more than serviceable as Seahawks QB. He's a game changer
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
- Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 48-45 win over the Lions
Shaver finished with a career-high 30 points with five rebounds for the Pilots (7-15, 0-7), who have lost eight straight.