SOUTHAMPTON, England (AP) — Southampton has sold Manolo Gabbiadini to Italian team Sampdoria, ending the striker’s two-year spell in the English Premier League.
The 27-year-old Gabbiadini, who scored 12 goals in 60 appearances for Southampton, fell out of favor at the south-coast club.
Southampton announced the transfer on Friday without disclosing a fee.
Sampdoria is in seventh place in the Italian league.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Ichiro announces his retirement after Mariners’ final game in Japan WATCH
- UW Huskies, coach Mike Hopkins agree to six-year, $17.5 million contract extension
- Ichiro, always a master of timing, gets it right again with his retirement | Larry Stone
- Mariners send Ichiro off with extra-innings win in final Japan game vs. A's VIEW
- Mariners teammates — and Ken Griffey Jr. — revel in pageantry of Ichiro's farewell in Japan WATCH
___More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports