SOUTHAMPTON, England (AP) — Southampton has sold Manolo Gabbiadini to Italian team Sampdoria, ending the striker’s two-year spell in the English Premier League.
The 27-year-old Gabbiadini, who scored 12 goals in 60 appearances for Southampton, fell out of favor at the south-coast club.
Southampton announced the transfer on Friday without disclosing a fee.
Sampdoria is in seventh place in the Italian league.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Chris Petersen again taps into Boise State pipeline for Huskies' new wide receivers coach
- 'A 10 isn't enough': Bellevue native, UCLA gymnast breaks the internet with flawless floor routine WATCH
- Report: Seahawks to hire former UW trainer Ivan Lewis as head strength coach
- Huskies mailbag: Losing nine starters, can the UW defense reload?
- Reports: Sentencing for Mychal Kendricks pushed back to April
___More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports