SOUTHAMPTON, England (AP) — Southampton has sold Manolo Gabbiadini to Italian team Sampdoria, ending the striker’s two-year spell in the English Premier League.
The 27-year-old Gabbiadini, who scored 12 goals in 60 appearances for Southampton, fell out of favor at the south-coast club.
Southampton announced the transfer on Friday without disclosing a fee.
Sampdoria is in seventh place in the Italian league.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks 53-man roster projection: Seattle will have plenty of tough decisions come fall | Analysis
- Mariners mailbag: Could Seattle set a record-low attendance mark this week?
- 'I can’t explain this feeling': Seawolves repeat as Major League Rugby champions with try as time expires
- Now and Then? Mariners send Edwin Encarnacion to Yankees for prospect they already traded away
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
___More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports