MORAGA, Calif. (AP) — Malik Fitts scored 24 points and Jordan Ford added 21, including four 3-pointers, to help Saint Mary’s beat San Diego 76-59 on Saturday night.
Jordan Hunter had 10 points and Tanner Krebs finished with eight points and a career-high 13 rebounds for Saint Mary’s. The Gaels (13-7, 4-1 West Coast Conference) have won four in a row.
Ford scored seven points and Fitts added four in a 13-2 opening run and Saint Mary’s never trailed. Isaiah Wright’s layup with 12:29 to play pulled San Diego within eight but the Gaels scored 14 of the next 18 points and led by at least 13 the rest of the way.
Isaiah Pineiro had 19 points and eight rebounds while Wright scored 15 for the Toreros (13-7, 2-3).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
- Mariners clinch first postseason berth since 2001 on walk-off home run
- Mariners outlast Rangers, drop magic number to one to end postseason drought
- As if these Mariners could clinch a playoff berth with anything other than dramatics
- No. 15 Washington's rally falls short in 40-32 loss to UCLA
Saint Mary’s used a 12-4 advantage on the offensive glass to outscore San Diego 17-2 in second-chance points.