FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Defensive end Steven Means has signed a one-year contract extension with the Atlanta Falcons after making four starts in 2018.
Means had one sack and 14 tackles in eight games last season, his first with Atlanta. He had three tackles for losses.
Means began his NFL career with Tampa Bay, where he was a fifth-round draft pick from Buffalo in 2013. He signed with the Falcons following three seasons with Philadelphia. He also has spent time on the Ravens and Texans practice squads.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Storm star Breanna Stewart reportedly met with NY Liberty last week. Could she actually leave Seattle?
- Huskies men, minus coach Mike Hopkins, win third straight, defeating Oregon State
- The MLB lockout hurts everywhere but especially in Seattle where hope has rarely been higher
- Mariners position overview: Jarred Kelenic wasn't meant to be the everyday center fielder, but it's a role he'll have to embrace
- Despite taking the long road to his dream school, LB transfer Demario King is ready to make an immediate impact at UW
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL