Riley Sutter scored two goals in Everett’s 6-2 victory over the Winterhawks. The series resumes Thursday in Portland.
PORTLAND – Riley Sutter scored twice in the first period and Carter Hart made 40 saves Tuesday to lead Everett to a 6-2 victory over the Portland Winterhawks, giving the Silvertips a 2-1 lead in their best-of-seven Western Hockey League second-round playoff series.
Everett has outscored Portland 12-2 over the last two games.
The series resumes with Game 4 Thursday in Portland at the Moda Center. Game 3 attracted a crowd of 4,453 to a smaller arena, Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Game 5 is Friday night in Everett.
The Silvertips led 3-0 before the halfway point of the first period in Game 3, as Sutter connected at 4:35 and 9:11 and Bryce Kindopp scored at 7:43.
Most Read Sports Stories
- No matter how it plays out, Lorena Martin's racism claim against Mariners stains the organization | Larry Stone
- Bench coach Manny Acta defends Scott Servais, Mariners after allegations of racism by Lorena Martin | Larry Stone
- Pac-12 Bowl Projections: Signs still point to Huskies in Rose Bowl
- Report: In wake of Paul Allen's death, Seahawks will eventually be sold, possibly for record amount
- Marysville-Pilchuck's RaeQuan Battle signs with Washington, becomes first from Tulalip Tribes with DI hoops scholarship
Portland’s Kieffer Bellows reduced Everett’s lead to 3-2 with a power-play goal at 14:11 of the third period, but Reece Vitelli of the Silvertips responded with a goal 38 seconds later for a 4-2 lead.