Riley Sutter scored two goals in Everett’s 6-2 victory over the Winterhawks. The series resumes Thursday in Portland.
PORTLAND – Riley Sutter scored twice in the first period and Carter Hart made 40 saves Tuesday to lead Everett to a 6-2 victory over the Portland Winterhawks, giving the Silvertips a 2-1 lead in their best-of-seven Western Hockey League second-round playoff series.
Everett has outscored Portland 12-2 over the last two games.
The series resumes with Game 4 Thursday in Portland at the Moda Center. Game 3 attracted a crowd of 4,453 to a smaller arena, Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Game 5 is Friday night in Everett.
The Silvertips led 3-0 before the halfway point of the first period in Game 3, as Sutter connected at 4:35 and 9:11 and Bryce Kindopp scored at 7:43.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pete Carroll says Seahawks QB Russell Wilson is 'over-trying,' plus injury updates and more
- Where was Chris Carson in Seahawks' loss to Bears? Pete Carroll has an explanation --- or two
- Former WSU quarterback Jason Gesser resigns amid sexual-misconduct allegations
- All Seahawks show in Monday night loss to Bears is the extent of their decline
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' loss to the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football
Portland’s Kieffer Bellows reduced Everett’s lead to 3-2 with a power-play goal at 14:11 of the third period, but Reece Vitelli of the Silvertips responded with a goal 38 seconds later for a 4-2 lead.