RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Sincere Carry scored 21 points with six assists and Duquesne won at Richmond for the first time in over 25 years, taking a 74-68 victory over the Spiders on Wednesday night.
Frankie Hughes added 15 points on five 3-pointers and Marcus Weathers had 12 points, nine rebounds and four blocks for the Dukes (12-5, 3-1 Atlantic 10), who won their third straight with their first victory at Richmond since Dec. 20, 1993, a span of 11 games. The Dukes had lost eight straight overall to Richmond and picked up just their second win over Richmond in 25 Atlantic 10 meetings.
A jumper by Carry and a straightaway banked-in 3-pointer by Hughes gave the Dukes a five-point lead with a minute left. Richmond cut it two with 28 seconds left but Tavian Dunn-Martin and Weathers sealed it with two free throws each.
Nathan Cayo scored a career-tying 23 points and Jacob Gilyard had 22 for Richmond, which shot 53 percent, but had just two 3-pointers to 10 for the Dukes.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Kennedy Catholic WR standout Lonyatta 'Junior' Alexander announces transfer from ASU to Washington
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- Analysis: Here are 12 items that should be on the Seahawks' offseason to-do list
- Even the Sounders can't believe they landed Albert Rusnak. Here's why the star midfielder chose Seattle.
- 'We are more than just athletes': Bobby Wagner showed deeper side in thought-provoking media sessions