DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Duke says forward Marvin Bagley III will miss a second game with a mild right knee sprain.
Team spokesman Mike DeGeorge said Bagley would sit out Wednesday night’s game against Virginia Tech. The announcement came about four hours before tipoff.
The freshman leads the Atlantic Coast Conference with averages of 21.2 points and 11.4 rebounds for the 12th-ranked Blue Devils (20-5, 8-4). He also missed a victory at Georgia Tech on Sunday night.
He was hurt in the first half of a loss at No. 21 North Carolina last week, but played 39 minutes in that game with 15 points and 16 rebounds.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sounders, Reign ink new jersey sponsorship deals with Seattle-based online retailer Zulily WATCH
- Chris Petersen again taps into Boise State pipeline for Huskies' new wide receivers coach
- Seahawks sign former first-round pick Paxton Lynch as backup QB candidate behind Russell Wilson
- 'A 10 isn't enough': Bellevue native, UCLA gymnast breaks the internet with flawless floor routine WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
For more AP college basketball coverage: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25