DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Duke says forward Marvin Bagley III will miss a second game with a mild right knee sprain.
Team spokesman Mike DeGeorge said Bagley would sit out Wednesday night’s game against Virginia Tech. The announcement came about four hours before tipoff.
The freshman leads the Atlantic Coast Conference with averages of 21.2 points and 11.4 rebounds for the 12th-ranked Blue Devils (20-5, 8-4). He also missed a victory at Georgia Tech on Sunday night.
He was hurt in the first half of a loss at No. 21 North Carolina last week, but played 39 minutes in that game with 15 points and 16 rebounds.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What's in a name? For Seattle's future NHL team, more than meets the Sock-eye
- From mentors to magic numbers: Why Brian Schottenheimer's the guy to resurrect the Seahawks' offense
- Analysis: Can Robinson Cano's return lift Mariners into the playoffs?
- Safeco Field lease agreement too favorable for Mariners and must be redone, ex-PFD member says
- Huskies' young receivers embracing daily challenge against UW's loaded secondary
For more AP college basketball coverage: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25