DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Duke says forward Marvin Bagley III will miss a second game with a mild right knee sprain.
Team spokesman Mike DeGeorge said Bagley would sit out Wednesday night’s game against Virginia Tech. The announcement came about four hours before tipoff.
The freshman leads the Atlantic Coast Conference with averages of 21.2 points and 11.4 rebounds for the 12th-ranked Blue Devils (20-5, 8-4). He also missed a victory at Georgia Tech on Sunday night.
He was hurt in the first half of a loss at No. 21 North Carolina last week, but played 39 minutes in that game with 15 points and 16 rebounds.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners' Robinson Cano among latest in long line of Dominican players to violate MLB drug policy
- Mariners acquire reliever Alex Colome, outfielder Denard Span from the Rays WATCH
- King County councilmember opposes $180 million proposal for Safeco Field upkeep, says Mariners should 'pay their own expenses'
- Seahawks' Doug Baldwin on Trump's national anthem comments: 'He's an idiot, plain and simple' WATCH
- Seahawks mailbag: Germain Ifedi's future, the offensive line, and more!
For more AP college basketball coverage: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25