DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Duke says forward Marvin Bagley III will miss a second game with a mild right knee sprain.
Team spokesman Mike DeGeorge said Bagley would sit out Wednesday night’s game against Virginia Tech. The announcement came about four hours before tipoff.
The freshman leads the Atlantic Coast Conference with averages of 21.2 points and 11.4 rebounds for the 12th-ranked Blue Devils (20-5, 8-4). He also missed a victory at Georgia Tech on Sunday night.
He was hurt in the first half of a loss at No. 21 North Carolina last week, but played 39 minutes in that game with 15 points and 16 rebounds.
Most Read Sports Stories
- No new GM yet, but a key hockey operations pickup by NHL Seattle should help make that call | Inside the NHL
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- U.S. is in the Women's World Cup quarterfinals after 2-1 win over Spain VIEW
- After 40 years, Lenny Wilkens is stepping away from his foundation
- Former Mariners pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith searches for his inner ninja | Matt Calkins VIEW
For more AP college basketball coverage: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25