HONOLULU (AP) — Sheriff Drammeh hit 4 of 5 from 3-point range and finished with 18 points, Drew Buggs had 12 points and a career-high 12 assists, and Hawaii beat UC Davis 80-60 Saturday night to snap a two-game skid.
Zigmars Raimo scored 14 on 6-of-7 shooting and Dawson Carper had 13 points and five rebounds — both career highs — for Hawaii (12-7, 3-2 Big West Conference). Carper, a 7-foot freshman who came in with 16 points and 13 rebounds this season, made 6 of 8 from the field.
Drammeh scored 10 points during a 16-6 run to close the first half that gave the Rainbow Warriors a 40-32 lead at the break. Jack Purchase hit back-to-back 3s before Eddie Stansberry added another, while UC Davis missed its first five second-half shots, to make it 49-32 with 16 ½ minutes to play and Hawaii led by double figures the rest of the way.
Matt Neufeld had 17 points and AJ John added 16 for UC Davis (5-14, 1-4). The Aggies made just 7 of 24 (29 percent) from the field in the second half.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners playoff times announced for wild-card series in Toronto
- M's sweep Tigers in doubleheader, set playoff date at Toronto
- Mariners history quiz: Test your knowledge of Seattle's playoff drought
- UW men's basketball team lands four-star 2023 recruit Wesley Yates III
- Marco Gonzales goes 7 innings, Ty France hits walk-off single for win in Mariners' regular-season finale
Hawaii shot 60.9 percent (14 of 23) after the break, its best shooting half this season.