PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Jeff Dowtin scored 22 points, Cyril Langevine scored 19 with 14 rebounds and Rhode Island beat La Salle 78-67 on Saturday to hand the Explorers their fourth straight loss.
Fatts Russell added 20 points for the Rams (10-7, 3-2 Atlantic 10) as the team shot 28 of 48 (58.3 percent) from the field but missed 15 free throws (19 of 34; 56 percent).
David Beatty led the Explorers (3-14, 1-4) with 14 points, Saul Phiri scored 12 and Jared Kimbrough and Pookie Powell each scored 11 with seven rebounds. Powell also had four assists.
The Explorers led 33-31 at intermission and used a 9-1 run to make it 42-32 when Traci Carter made a 3-pointer with 16:59 left. Dowtin followed with a layup and a 3 and that started a 22-3 run for the Rams over the next eight minutes and La Salle never recovered.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks expected to part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr., sources say
- Seahawks part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. Here's who they could hire to replace him
- Ken Norton Jr. pays the price for Seahawks' defensive woes, but it's Pete Carroll who must adjust
- Kraken's new team dog already a big hit with players and coaches
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks