MARTIN, Tenn. (AP) — Quintin Dove had 25 points and Derek Hawthorne Jr. added 20 as UT Martin picked up its first Ohio Valley Conference victory, beating SIU-Edwardsville 85-69 on Saturday afternoon to halt a nine-game losing skid.
UT Martin (6-13, 1-7) which last won on Dec. 18 when the Skyhawks beat Chattanooga 75-72, dominated the second half to claim the win.
The Cougars (6-14, 2-6) were up 40-35 at the break, but the Skyhawks quickly took the lead 44-42 after a Delfincko Bogan trey at the 17:38 mark. Dove hit a jumper and drove for a layup for a 48-44 lead and UT Martin controlled the second half 50-29 to earn its first league win.
Bogan had 12 points and Fatodd Lewis chipped in 10 for the Skyhawks.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners playoff times announced for wild-card series in Toronto
- M's sweep Tigers in doubleheader, set playoff date at Toronto
- Mariners history quiz: Test your knowledge of Seattle's playoff drought
- UW men's basketball team lands four-star 2023 recruit Wesley Yates III
- Marco Gonzales goes 7 innings, Ty France hits walk-off single for win in Mariners' regular-season finale
David McFarland had 19 points to lead SIU-Edwardsville which had lost five straight before beating Southeast Missouri State 87-86 in triple overtime Thursday night.