PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Alihan Demir had 22 points and 16 rebounds, Jarvis Doles scored eight of his 16 points during a key run and Drexel erased an 11-point, second-half deficit to beat Towson 72-66 on Thursday night.
Doles scored 13 straight Drexel points, the final eight at the beginning of an 18-2 run that turned a 57-47 deficit into a six-point lead with 3:48 to play for the Dragons (9-11, 3-4 Colonial Athletic Association). The Tigers (5-14, 1-5) closed back within two, but Drexel made 5 of 6 free throws in the final minute.
Towson made just one of its last 17 field-goal attempts over the final 10 minutes.
The Tigers had a 19-5 run early in the second half to build a 53-42 lead with 13 minutes to play before Doles hit a 3-pointer to start his run.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
- Mariners snap out of funk long enough to beat Rangers, lower magic number
- Here is Mariners' magic number to clinch first postseason berth since 2001
- What to watch for when No. 15 UW football faces undefeated UCLA, plus Mike Vorel's prediction
- Seahawks safety Quandre Diggs is over ill will following trade from Detroit
Brian Fobbs had 21 points and eight rebounds for Towson. Nakye Sanders added 13 points and 10 rebounds. The Tigers have lost six in a row.