WASHINGTON (AP) — DJ Williams scored a career-high 30 points and George Washington beat Fordham 79-61 on Wednesday night, snapping a three-game skid.
Williams was 11 of 25 from the field for the Colonials (7-14, 3-5 Atlantic 10 Conference). Maceo Jack added 17 points and five rebounds and Justin Mazzulla had 11 points, nine rebounds, six assists and three steals.
The Colonials trailed through much of the first half but a Mazzulla 3-pointer evened it up 25-all with 8:19 to go. Justin Williams, DJ Williams and Terry Nolan Jr. added to a late surge that gave George Washington a 39-32 edge at the break.
The Colonials led throughout the second half and Jack sank three 3-pointers early in the period that made it 56-41 with 13:10 remaining.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Russell Wilson's time with Broncos has gone from bad to worse
- Here's a look at the Sounders' new crest and colors
- After another September loss, the Mariners' season is slip-sliding away
- George Kirby pitches a gem, offense comes through as Mariners beat Astros
- Where Seahawks stand in NFL power rankings after Week 3
Jesse Bunting scored a career-best 19 points with five rebounds for the Rams (9-12, 0-8) who have lost nine in a row.