WASHINGTON (AP) — DJ Williams scored a career-high 30 points and George Washington beat Fordham 79-61 on Wednesday night, snapping a three-game skid.
Williams was 11 of 25 from the field for the Colonials (7-14, 3-5 Atlantic 10 Conference). Maceo Jack added 17 points and five rebounds and Justin Mazzulla had 11 points, nine rebounds, six assists and three steals.
The Colonials trailed through much of the first half but a Mazzulla 3-pointer evened it up 25-all with 8:19 to go. Justin Williams, DJ Williams and Terry Nolan Jr. added to a late surge that gave George Washington a 39-32 edge at the break.
The Colonials led throughout the second half and Jack sank three 3-pointers early in the period that made it 56-41 with 13:10 remaining.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Gonzaga legend and Basketball Hall of Famer John Stockton draws ire for anti-vaccine comments
- Michigan defensive line twins Armon, Jayvon Parker announce dual commitments to UW Huskies
- Seahawks position review: Russell Wilson is still the Seahawks quarterback for now. But who will be behind him?
- Zion Tupuola-Fetui announces he'll return to UW for fifth season in 2022: 'Let's go to work'
- Here's how the overtime NFL playoff game between the Chiefs and Bills could have been even better
Jesse Bunting scored a career-best 19 points with five rebounds for the Rams (9-12, 0-8) who have lost nine in a row.