CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Former Miami standouts DeMarcus Van Dyke and Joel Rodriguez have been promoted to new roles on Manny Diaz’s staff with the Hurricanes.
The Hurricanes hired Andy Vaughn as director of player personnel and promoted David Cooney to director of recruiting, with Van Dyke as his assistant. Diaz also promoted Tyler Stevens to a coordinator in the player personnel department.
Other moves finalized and announced Thursday include the promotion of Rodriguez from a player-development role to the offense’s senior quality control analyst. Mike Zuckerman was promoted to the senior quality control analyst position for the defense.
Miami hired three new quality control coaches in Jesse Stone and David Parker on offense, and Jesse Byrd on defense. Jorge Baez was named director of player development, with Alex Devine as his assistant.
Most Read Sports Stories
- He was the No. 1 amateur in the world as a senior at UW. Now, he's giving up professional golf.
- Four-star 2020 offensive lineman Roger Rosengarten commits to UW Huskies over rival Oregon
- The Seahawks offseason program gave us some clarity, but here are five questions we're still asking | Analysis
- Surprises, setbacks and successes: A progress report on Jerry Dipoto and the Mariners' offseason trades | Analysis
- Seahawks wrap up minicamp happy as clams, with none of the soap opera drama of 2018 | Larry Stone
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/tag/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25