CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Former Miami standouts DeMarcus Van Dyke and Joel Rodriguez have been promoted to new roles on Manny Diaz’s staff with the Hurricanes.
The Hurricanes hired Andy Vaughn as director of player personnel and promoted David Cooney to director of recruiting, with Van Dyke as his assistant. Diaz also promoted Tyler Stevens to a coordinator in the player personnel department.
Other moves finalized and announced Thursday include the promotion of Rodriguez from a player-development role to the offense’s senior quality control analyst. Mike Zuckerman was promoted to the senior quality control analyst position for the defense.
Miami hired three new quality control coaches in Jesse Stone and David Parker on offense, and Jesse Byrd on defense. Jorge Baez was named director of player development, with Alex Devine as his assistant.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sources: UW Huskies junior Jacob Eason wins starting quarterback job
- UW Huskies mailbag: Predicting their final record and which receivers are primed for a breakout
- With QB job apparently his, Jacob Eason gets chance to take UW Huskies to new level | Larry Stone
- Rashaad Penny has an answer to those who say he's a draft bust: 'It's not over yet. I'm young. I'm fresh.' | Matt Calkins
- L.J. Collier showing progress, but Seahawks draft class hitting bumps as regular season approaches WATCH
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/tag/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25