CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Former Miami standouts DeMarcus Van Dyke and Joel Rodriguez have been promoted to new roles on Manny Diaz’s staff with the Hurricanes.
The Hurricanes hired Andy Vaughn as director of player personnel and promoted David Cooney to director of recruiting, with Van Dyke as his assistant. Diaz also promoted Tyler Stevens to a coordinator in the player personnel department.
Other moves finalized and announced Thursday include the promotion of Rodriguez from a player-development role to the offense’s senior quality control analyst. Mike Zuckerman was promoted to the senior quality control analyst position for the defense.
Miami hired three new quality control coaches in Jesse Stone and David Parker on offense, and Jesse Byrd on defense. Jorge Baez was named director of player development, with Alex Devine as his assistant.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks mailbag: Are the Browns out on Jadeveon Clowney? And what kind of contract could Antonio Brown get?
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson surpassed by Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes as NFL's highest-paid player
- Delayed start and no non-conference games: Here's how the Pac-12 football schedule should be played
- Sounders' tournament schedule changes again as MLS continues to balance return to play with mounting coronavirus cases
- Mariners to open coronavirus-delayed season with seven-game road trip, starting in Houston
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/tag/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25