DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Soufiyane Diakite had 20 points and 10 rebounds, Mark Gordon scored 18 points, and Bethune Cookman shut down Delaware State 69-49 on Saturday.
Diakite’s 20 points were his season high and he collected his third double-double of the season. Cletrell Pope, who leads the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference with 10 double-doubles, just missed his 11th as he had 11 rebounds and eight points for the Wildcats (8-11, 3-2).
Kevin Larkin scored 16 points and Jonathan Mitchell added 10 for Delaware State (3-15, 0-5), which shot 26 percent from the field and made only 5 of 26 3-pointers (19 percent). The Hornets have lost seven in a row.
The game was tied at 20 before Gordon scored the next seven points and Shawntrez Davis capped a 10-0 run with a 3-pointer for a 30-20 Wildcats lead late in the first half. Bethune-Cookman led 30-24 at halftime then shot 57 percent in the second half to blow the game open.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners playoff times announced for wild-card series in Toronto
- M's sweep Tigers in doubleheader, set playoff date at Toronto
- Mariners history quiz: Test your knowledge of Seattle's playoff drought
- UW men's basketball team lands four-star 2023 recruit Wesley Yates III
- Can Geno Smith play his way into a permanent role with the Seahawks?
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com