BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — Xavian Stapleton had 14 points as Florida Atlantic beat Rice 60-41 on Saturday. Karlis Silins added 10 points for Florida Atlantic, who held Rice to 26.7 percent shooting, the lowest mark of the season for a Florida Atlantic opponent.
Rice put up 12 first-half points, a season low for the team.
Chris Mullins had 10 points for Rice (10-17, 5-9). Quentin Millora-Brown added seven rebounds.
Florida Atlantic (16-11, 7-7) and Rice next play in Conference USA’s inaugural bonus-play format with opponents to be determined later Saturday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks expected to part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr., sources say
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- Ken Norton Jr. pays the price for Seahawks' defensive woes, but it's Pete Carroll who must adjust
- Seahawks part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. Here's who they could hire to replace him
- UW football mailbag: What positions should the Huskies try to strengthen via the transfer portal?
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com