BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — Top-seeded defending champion Dominic Thiem of Austria advanced to the Argentina Open semifinals Friday, beating Uruguay’s Pablo Cuevas 4-6, 6-4, 6-3.
Thiem will face fourth-seeded home favorite Diego Schwartzman on Saturday. Schwartzman beat Spain’s Albert Ramos Vinolas 6-1, 7-5.
In the other quarterfinals, third-seeded Marco Cecchinato of Italy beat Spain’s Roberto Carballes Baena 7-6 (3), 6-4, and Argentina’s Guido Pella topped Spaniard Jaume Munar 6-7 (3), 7-6 (9), 6-1.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- Tongan Olympian who became a viral sensation for his oiled torso asks for tsunami help
- WSU Cougars defensive tackle Dallas Hobbs ends football career, will pursue other ventures
- UW Husky men's win vs. Stanford wasn't just a victory, it was a message to the Pac-12 that they're better than expected
- Mariners mailbag: Answering questions on spring training, lockout timelines and uniform changes
More AP tennis: https://apnews.com/apf-Tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports