NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Aubrey Dawkins scored 19 points and grabbed seven rebounds as Central Florida built a 22-point first-half lead and cruised to a 75-50 win over Tulane for its fifth win in six American Athletic Association starts Wednesday night.
The Knights now have win five of their first six conference games to continue their best start since joining the AAC.
UCF took the lead for good on B.J. Taylor’s jumper with 17:27 left in the first half and pushed it to 13 points when Dayon Griffin drilled back-to-back 3s to go up 23-10 with under 12 minutes to go in the half.
Taylor finished with 17 points and Tacko Fall grabbed 10 rebounds for UCF (15-3, 5-1).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Why Seattle is signing Carlos Hyde, and how the running back corps looks now
- Golf is back from the coronavirus shutdown, but Seattle tennis courts remain closed. Why?
- Analysis: Answering your questions on MLB's plan to restart the season amid the coronavirus pandemic
- Could WSU land all three coveted wide receivers from 4A powerhouse Kennedy Catholic?
- Analysis: With the roster just about complete, have the Seahawks made themselves better?
Samir Sehic had 11 points to pace the Green Wave (4-14, 0-6). UCF held Tulane to just 18 of 54 shooting from the floor (33.3 percent).