NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Aubrey Dawkins scored 19 points and grabbed seven rebounds as Central Florida built a 22-point first-half lead and cruised to a 75-50 win over Tulane for its fifth win in six American Athletic Association starts Wednesday night.
The Knights now have win five of their first six conference games to continue their best start since joining the AAC.
UCF took the lead for good on B.J. Taylor’s jumper with 17:27 left in the first half and pushed it to 13 points when Dayon Griffin drilled back-to-back 3s to go up 23-10 with under 12 minutes to go in the half.
Taylor finished with 17 points and Tacko Fall grabbed 10 rebounds for UCF (15-3, 5-1).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners playoff times announced for wild-card series in Toronto
- M's sweep Tigers in doubleheader, set playoff date at Toronto
- Mariners fall to Tigers, giving Toronto top wild-card spot
- Reactions to Kraken's new mascot, Buoy, roll in
- Can Geno Smith play his way into a permanent role with the Seahawks?
Samir Sehic had 11 points to pace the Green Wave (4-14, 0-6). UCF held Tulane to just 18 of 54 shooting from the floor (33.3 percent).