BROOKINGS, S.D. (AP) — Mike Daum scored 33 points and grabbed 16 rebounds and South Dakota State beat Omaha 83-73 on Saturday to snap a first-place tie between the Summit League co-leaders.
Daum moved up to 17th on the NCAA’s all-time scoring list, passing Allan Houston (Tennessee, last season 1993), with 2,803 points. He posted his fourth straight 30-point game and moved up to second for career rebounds in the Summit League with 1,112. He also had five assists and three steals.
David Jenkins added 19 points with five 3-pointers in reaching 1,000 career points and Skyler Flatten scored 16 points for the Jackrabbits (17-6, 7-1), who won their sixth straight after shooting 53 percent.
Daum scored 16 points and Jenkins 13 as SDSU took a 41-33 halftime lead. The Mavericks (12-9, 6-2) were within five with 12½ minutes left before Flatten scored six points in a 12-2 run. Omaha would get as close as seven after that but Flatten put SDSU up by double figures for good with a 3-pointer with five minutes to go.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Jon Wilner projects the 2022 Pac-12 North and South division football races
- Seahawks DC candidate list up to 4 as they reportedly request to interview Joe Whitt Jr.
- Seahawks part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. Here's who they could hire to replace him
- Kraken's new team dog already a big hit with players and coaches
- Speculation has started, but here's why it doesn't make sense for Seahawks and Russell Wilson to split
KJ Robinson scored 23 points and Mitch Hahn scored 14 and tied a career-high with 15 rebounds. JT Gibson also scored 14 but leading scorer Zach Jackson (18.4 ppg) had just five on 1-of-8 shooting.