DAVIDSON, N.C. (AP) — Josh Cunningham scored 21 points, including the game-winning free throw with 2.2 seconds left, and Dayton beat Davidson 74-73 on Tuesday night, snapping the Wildcats’ 17-game home win streak.
Jon Axel Gudmundsson’s layup tied it at 73 with 11 seconds left, capping a 25-7 Davidson run, but Cunningham made 1 of 2 free throws to win it.
Cunningham shot 9 for 10 from the line.
Obi Toppin had 18 points and 12 rebounds for Dayton (17-9, 9-4 Atlantic 10 Conference). Jordan Davis added 15 points and Ryan Mikesell had 10.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks expected to part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr., sources say
- Seahawks part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. Here's who they could hire to replace him
- Ken Norton Jr. pays the price for Seahawks' defensive woes, but it's Pete Carroll who must adjust
- Kraken's new team dog already a big hit with players and coaches
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
Gudmundsson had 26 points and eight rebounds for the Wildcats (19-7, 10-3). Kellan Grady added 18 points and KiShawn Pritchett had 13.
Dayton takes on Saint Louis at home on Saturday. Davidson faces Rhode Island on the road on Friday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com