FULLERTON, Calif. (AP) — Kyle Allman Jr. scored 21 points and Khalil Ahmad added 19 as CSU Fullerton walloped UC Santa Barbara 81-60 Thursday night, handing the Gauchos their first Big West Conference loss.
The Titans (7-12, 3-2) have won three in a row, while Santa Barbara (14-4, 3-1) saw a six-game win streak end.
Fullerton took the lead for good, 28-26, when Allman scored on a drive with six minutes left before halftime, and then blew the doors off by closing the half on a 22-5 run. In the last 27 seconds before the break, Austen Awosika, who finished with 12 points, beat the shot clock with a 3-pointer, then Allman beat the halftime buzzer with a jumper for a 48-31 lead. Jackson Rowe pitched in with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
Devearl Ramsey led UCSB with 16 points, but was 5 of 13 from the floor. JaQuori McLaughlin added 11 points on 3-of-14 shooting. The Gauchos finished at 33 percent from the field, 20 of 60 and made just 8 of 28 from distance and 12 of 22 from the line.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pittsburgh LB and team captain Cam Bright announces graduate transfer to UW Huskies
- John Stockton’s defiance of COVID-19 mask mandate forces Gonzaga to suspend Hall of Famer’s season tickets
- Key dates to keep in mind as the Seahawks navigate the offseason
- Former Hungarian Olympic gymnastic champion dies after COVID infection
- Nothing goes right for UW Huskies men in blowout loss to Oregon
The Titans shot 55 percent for the game (32 of 58) and were 13 of 14 from the line.