EDINBURG, Texas (AP) — Justin Edler-Davis scored 19 points, James Suber had 13 points and 11 rebounds and Cal State Bakersfield cruised to a 75-69 victory over UT Rio Grande Valley on Thursday night to remain undefeated in the Western Athletic Conference.
The Roadrunners (11-5, 3-0) have won eight of their last nine, with the only loss coming against then-No. 7 Gonzaga on Dec. 31. UTRGV (9-9, 1-1) has lost five of seven.
Rickey Holden added 16 points for CSU Bakersfield.
Terry Winn III scored 16 points and Javon Levi added 15 points to lead the Vaqueros.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Three-star 2020 Texas linebacker Cooper McDonald verbally commits to UW Huskies
- Seahawks' Jarran Reed suspended 6 games for violation of NFL's conduct policy following domestic-violence accusation
- It's too soon to judge incident with Seahawks' Jarran Reed, but we can say this turn of events is bad | Matt Calkins
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster | Positions 20-11: Kickers and corners and more | Analysis
- UW men's hoops offers 2021 top-ranked basketball recruit Jonathan Kuminga
CSUB built a 10-point halftime advantage, and stretched it to 55-38 following a consecutive jumper and 3-pointer from Edler-Davis.
The Roadrunners’ Damiyne Durham scored seven of his nine points in about a two-minute span, capped by a running one-handed slam dunk that made it 70-54 with 4:18 left.