EDINBURG, Texas (AP) — Justin Edler-Davis scored 19 points, James Suber had 13 points and 11 rebounds and Cal State Bakersfield cruised to a 75-69 victory over UT Rio Grande Valley on Thursday night to remain undefeated in the Western Athletic Conference.
The Roadrunners (11-5, 3-0) have won eight of their last nine, with the only loss coming against then-No. 7 Gonzaga on Dec. 31. UTRGV (9-9, 1-1) has lost five of seven.
Rickey Holden added 16 points for CSU Bakersfield.
Terry Winn III scored 16 points and Javon Levi added 15 points to lead the Vaqueros.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pete Carroll: Ziggy Ansah could play 'considerably' vs. Saints; officials didn't see hit on Russell Wilson WATCH
- KeyArena interior completely gutted as officials prepare for final excavation work ahead of rebuild VIEW
- Not everything is rosy, but the Seahawks are 2-0 and 'just getting warmed up' | Larry Stone
- Seahawks mailbag: What would it take to get Jalen Ramsey? Will Rashaad Penny play more? | Bob Condotta
- Sounders supporters group walks out to protest ejection of leader for displaying Iron Front flag
CSUB built a 10-point halftime advantage, and stretched it to 55-38 following a consecutive jumper and 3-pointer from Edler-Davis.
The Roadrunners’ Damiyne Durham scored seven of his nine points in about a two-minute span, capped by a running one-handed slam dunk that made it 70-54 with 4:18 left.