EDINBURG, Texas (AP) — Justin Edler-Davis scored 19 points, James Suber had 13 points and 11 rebounds and Cal State Bakersfield cruised to a 75-69 victory over UT Rio Grande Valley on Thursday night to remain undefeated in the Western Athletic Conference.
The Roadrunners (11-5, 3-0) have won eight of their last nine, with the only loss coming against then-No. 7 Gonzaga on Dec. 31. UTRGV (9-9, 1-1) has lost five of seven.
Rickey Holden added 16 points for CSU Bakersfield.
Terry Winn III scored 16 points and Javon Levi added 15 points to lead the Vaqueros.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks reel in veteran tight end Greg Olsen with one-year, $7 million deal
- Seahawks mailbag: Where do things stand with Jadeveon Clowney? Should they look at Darius Slay?
- UW Huskies mailbag: What will Washington's offense look like in 2020? And who will be its stars?
- Seahawks mock draft roundup: Improving defense continues to be seen as top priority
- XFL Seattle Dragons surpass 10,000 in season-ticket sales
CSUB built a 10-point halftime advantage, and stretched it to 55-38 following a consecutive jumper and 3-pointer from Edler-Davis.
The Roadrunners’ Damiyne Durham scored seven of his nine points in about a two-minute span, capped by a running one-handed slam dunk that made it 70-54 with 4:18 left.