LORMAN, Miss. (AP) — Troymain Crosby scored 20 points with eight rebounds and Maurice Howard made four free throws in the final 20 seconds as Alcorn State held off Arkansas Pine Bluff 74-69 on Monday night.
Howard, who finished with 16 points, made two free throws with 17 seconds left to give the Braves a 72-66 lead. Martaveous McKnight, who led the Golden Lions with 26 points, knocked down a 3-pointer with 10 seconds to go but restored the two-possession spread.
Reginal Johnson added 13 points and Devon Brewer 10 for Alcorn State (6-12, 2-4 Southwestern Athletic Conference).
McKnight had six of his team’s nine 3-pointers. Sam Doss added 12 points for the Golden Lions (6-12, 3-2).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Co-defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake staying at Washington, with a smile on his face | Matt Calkins
- Three impressions from UW's 72-70 win at WSU: Huskies are close to locking up the Pac-12 title WATCH
- Huskies stage furious rally in second half to spurn Cougars' upset bid VIEW
- Seahawks' defensive line has a few big question marks entering offseason but a lot of options to choose from | 2019 position analysis
- 'You mean the nicest guy in camp': Evan White is the future at first base for the Mariners
Howard hit two 3-pointers to cap a 10-0 run that gave the Braves and early 14-2 lead. They went 6 of 12 from distance to lead 41-30 at the break. The lead reached 15 in the second half before the Golden Lions rallied behind McKnight, who had 14 points after intermission.