LORMAN, Miss. (AP) — Troymain Crosby scored 20 points with eight rebounds and Maurice Howard made four free throws in the final 20 seconds as Alcorn State held off Arkansas Pine Bluff 74-69 on Monday night.
Howard, who finished with 16 points, made two free throws with 17 seconds left to give the Braves a 72-66 lead. Martaveous McKnight, who led the Golden Lions with 26 points, knocked down a 3-pointer with 10 seconds to go but restored the two-possession spread.
Reginal Johnson added 13 points and Devon Brewer 10 for Alcorn State (6-12, 2-4 Southwestern Athletic Conference).
McKnight had six of his team’s nine 3-pointers. Sam Doss added 12 points for the Golden Lions (6-12, 3-2).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks trade down twice, pick TCU defensive tackle L.J. Collier in first round of NFL draft
- NFL Draft Live Updates: Seahawks select TCU's L.J. Collier, trade 30th pick to Giants to close first round
- Seattle had its greatest NBA moment since Sonics left when Damian Lillard waved 'goodbye' to OKC | Matt Calkins
- Analysis: Re-ranking Seahawks' positions by need as draft day arrives
- Seahawks mock draft: A post-Frank Clark projection of how the draft might unfold for Seattle
Howard hit two 3-pointers to cap a 10-0 run that gave the Braves and early 14-2 lead. They went 6 of 12 from distance to lead 41-30 at the break. The lead reached 15 in the second half before the Golden Lions rallied behind McKnight, who had 14 points after intermission.