INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indianapolis Colts coach Chuck Pagano says there’s a chance Andrew Luck could return to practice Wednesday.
Pagano already has ruled Luck out of Sunday night’s game at Seattle.
Still, it would be a major milestone in Luck’s recovery from offseason shoulder surgery.
The franchise quarterback missed all of the team’s offseason workouts, all of training camp and the entire preseason before he was activated from the physically unable to perform list on Sept. 2.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What to watch for when Seahawks take on Steelers in preseason game
- Quarterback play a mixed bag as Seahawks lose to Steelers to open preseason play
- UW All-Pac-12 left tackle Jaxson Kirkland to miss season opener as condition of NCAA reinstatement
- With lineup at full strength, Mariners cruise to a drama-free win vs. the Rangers
- Even jaded fans must admit the Mariners have a good chance to end their playoff drought
But the most significant indication Luck’s return is close came when Pagano did not rule him out of practice this week — something he did each of the past two Mondays.
Luck had surgery to repair a partially torn labrum in his throwing shoulder.
For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP_NFL .