PHILADELPHIA (AP) — DJ Williams scored 14 points, Terry Nolan added 12 points and 10 rebounds and George Washington bounced back from a miserable first half to take a 59-56 victory over La Salle on Wednesday night.
Justin Mazzulla added 11 points and Maceo Jack 10 for the Colonials (6-11, 2-2 Atlantic 10), who have won four of their last five games. After shooting just 16 percent and trailing 23-14 at halftime, the Colonials bounced back to shoot 68 percent in the second half.
Isiah Deas was the lone double-figure scorer for the Explorers with 11 points. La Salle (3-13, 1-3), winless in seven home games this season, made just 5 of 32 from the arc.
George Washington took its first lead of the second half, 55-53, on Jack’s 3-pointer with 2:05 left. La Salle retook the lead on Jaren Kimbrough’s 3-point play before Armel Potter’s basket gave the lead back to the Colonials with 1:10 remaining. Nolan added two free throws with 20 seconds left.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks expected to part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr., sources say
- Seahawks part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. Here's who they could hire to replace him
- Ken Norton Jr. pays the price for Seahawks' defensive woes, but it's Pete Carroll who must adjust
- Kraken's new team dog already a big hit with players and coaches
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks