The Washington women’s soccer team earned its fourth consecutive shutout, defeated the Baylor Bears 1-0 Sunday in Portland.
The Washington women’s soccer team earned its fourth consecutive shutout, defeating the Baylor Bears 1-0 Sunday in Portland.
Amanda Perez scored the only goal in the game, coming on a penalty kick in the 48th minute. The Huskies (6-2-0) were named the Nike Portland Invitational champs after winning both games.
Sarah Shimer made two saves to stretch her shutout streak to 364 minutes, the longest shutout streak by a Husky goalie since 2004.
UW men lose
Washington (3-2-0) suffered its first home defeat of the season, falling 2-1 in overtime to the Mercer Bears. Elijah Rice scored the only goal for the Huskies. Saif Kerawala made five saves in goal.
Most Read Stories
- Everett’s bikini baristas head to federal court to argue for freedom of exposure
- Anthony Bourdain's 'Parts Unknown' came to Seattle: What did you think of the episode?
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Trump: NFL should suspend Oakland Raiders' Marshawn Lynch
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
Seattle University won 2-0 at No. 22 Gonzaga. Cody Gibson scored both goals as the Redhawks (4-1-0) beat a ranked opponent for the second time. Josh Adachi recorded his third shutout with two saves in net.
Top-ranked Western Washington made a late first-half goal stand up and beat host Denver 1-0. The Vikings (3-0-0) extended their winning streak to 27 consecutive games.