The Huskies, who moved up to No. 3 in the latest United Soccer Coaches Poll, drop to 2-1-0 on the season while the Pioneers move to 2-0-0.
DENVER – The No. Washington men’s soccer team (2-1) suffered its first loss of the season, falling 3-2 in double overtime at No. 19 Denver (2-0) on Thursday night.
Megan Moore assisted on both goals, setting up Kasey Reeve and Sophia Chilczuk to lead Seattle Pacific to a 2-0 home victory over Cal Poly Pomona in the women’s season opener for both teams.
• Jeremiah Egujie scored twice as Chico State beat Seattle Pacific 2-0 in the men’s season opener for both teams.
Seattle University (2-2) swept South Dakota State 25-19, 25-18, 25-20 at the Jackrabbit Invitational in Brookings, S.D.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Kelsey Plum returns to UW, searching for the same happiness that brought her college glory
- Let's make a deal? Assessing the Mariners' likely trade chips as deadline looms | Analysis
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster | Positions 60-46: Where will Shaquem Griffin fit in this season? | Analysis
- Seahawks place four rookies — including Marquise Blair and Ben Burr-Kirven — on PUP list
- 2A player of the year and 2020 UW commit Sawyer Racanelli to miss senior season with torn ACL