The Huskies, who moved up to No. 3 in the latest United Soccer Coaches Poll, drop to 2-1-0 on the season while the Pioneers move to 2-0-0.
DENVER – The No. Washington men’s soccer team (2-1) suffered its first loss of the season, falling 3-2 in double overtime at No. 19 Denver (2-0) on Thursday night.
Megan Moore assisted on both goals, setting up Kasey Reeve and Sophia Chilczuk to lead Seattle Pacific to a 2-0 home victory over Cal Poly Pomona in the women’s season opener for both teams.
• Jeremiah Egujie scored twice as Chico State beat Seattle Pacific 2-0 in the men’s season opener for both teams.
Seattle University (2-2) swept South Dakota State 25-19, 25-18, 25-20 at the Jackrabbit Invitational in Brookings, S.D.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former WSU quarterback Jason Gesser resigns amid sexual-misconduct allegations
- Seahawks mailbag: Why don't they go no-huddle more? What happens now to Shaquem Griffin?
- The Final Word: Bob Condotta reviews what went wrong in Seahawks-Bears
- Seahawks need to stay grounded, veer away from the surreal | Stone
- Report: Russell Wilson's future with Seahawks 'remains uncertain'