The Huskies, who moved up to No. 3 in the latest United Soccer Coaches Poll, drop to 2-1-0 on the season while the Pioneers move to 2-0-0.
DENVER – The No. Washington men’s soccer team (2-1) suffered its first loss of the season, falling 3-2 in double overtime at No. 19 Denver (2-0) on Thursday night.
Megan Moore assisted on both goals, setting up Kasey Reeve and Sophia Chilczuk to lead Seattle Pacific to a 2-0 home victory over Cal Poly Pomona in the women’s season opener for both teams.
• Jeremiah Egujie scored twice as Chico State beat Seattle Pacific 2-0 in the men’s season opener for both teams.
Seattle University (2-2) swept South Dakota State 25-19, 25-18, 25-20 at the Jackrabbit Invitational in Brookings, S.D.
Most Read Sports Stories
- 'You mean the nicest guy in camp': Evan White is the future at first base for the Mariners
- Bobby Wagner remains a constant at linebacker for Seahawks but there could be a lot of change elsewhere | 2019 position analysis
- Co-defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake staying at Washington, with a smile on his face | Matt Calkins
- For the Pac-12, the road to the NCAA tournament goes through Washington
- Three impressions from UW's 72-70 win at WSU: Huskies are close to locking up the Pac-12 title WATCH