The Huskies, who moved up to No. 3 in the latest United Soccer Coaches Poll, drop to 2-1-0 on the season while the Pioneers move to 2-0-0.
DENVER – The No. Washington men’s soccer team (2-1) suffered its first loss of the season, falling 3-2 in double overtime at No. 19 Denver (2-0) on Thursday night.
Megan Moore assisted on both goals, setting up Kasey Reeve and Sophia Chilczuk to lead Seattle Pacific to a 2-0 home victory over Cal Poly Pomona in the women’s season opener for both teams.
• Jeremiah Egujie scored twice as Chico State beat Seattle Pacific 2-0 in the men’s season opener for both teams.
Seattle University (2-2) swept South Dakota State 25-19, 25-18, 25-20 at the Jackrabbit Invitational in Brookings, S.D.
Most Read Sports Stories
- The 111th Apple Cup: These Cougs feel different. Husky fans should feel nervous. | Matt Calkins
- UW Huskies, WSU Cougars continue to climb in final AP poll ahead of the Apple Cup
- 'Go beat the Cougs': Easy victory in hand, UW turns full focus to mammoth Apple Cup | Larry Stone
- Mike Leach's tweet of doctored Obama video cost WSU $1.6 million in donations
- 'Harder than practice': How Seahawks TE Nick Vannett is using Pilates to turn into a TD machine WATCH