BALTIMORE (AP) — RJ Cole registered 19 points and seven assists as Howard narrowly beat Coppin State 74-73 on Saturday.
Charles Williams had 15 points for Howard (13-15, 7-6 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), which earned its fifth straight road victory. Chad Lott added 13 points. Raymond Bethea Jr. had 10 points for the visitors.
Dejuan Clayton had 16 points for the Eagles (6-22, 6-7). He also had seven turnovers but only five assists. Ibn Williams added 12 points. Chad Andrews-Fulton had 11 points and nine rebounds.
Howard plays Morgan State on the road on Monday. Coppin State takes on Delaware State at home on Monday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
- Where things stand with the Seahawks' defensive coordinator opening as NFL teams make hires
- Mariners position overview: Could Seattle have something special brewing with its starting pitching?
- Seahawks position review: RB Rashaad Penny's late-season emergence may make re-signing him that much more difficult
- 'Dawgs helping Dawgs': How a fellow UW football alum helped former QB Cody Pickett avoid open-heart surgery
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com