GEORGETOWN, Ky. (AP) — Jr. Clay and Corey Tillery nailed late back-to-back treys to give Tennessee Tech enough cushion to hold off Eastern Kentucky 91-85 on Saturday night to halt a four-game losing streak.
Eastern Kentucky was up 83-82 after Kelvin Robinson made two free throws with 3:29 remaining. Clay dropped in his 3 on the next possession and Tillery followed with 2:27 remaining for an 88-83 advantage. Eastern Kentucky’s Houston King hit a jump shot to close to 88-85 with 34 seconds left. Clay and Jared Sherfield made three free throws to seal the win.
The Colonels led throughout the second half until Tillery drained a 3-pointer to go ahead 62-61 at the 10:35 mark. Eastern Kentucky retook the lead after a Tre King tip-in. The teams swapped the lead until Clay and Tillery gave the Golden Eagles the lead for good.
Clay made 3 from deep to finish with 22 points to go with nine rebounds and eight assists for Tennessee Tech (7-14, 3-5 Ohio Valley Conference). Tillery finished with 18 points, making 5 of 9 from beyond the arc.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners playoff times announced for wild-card series in Toronto
- M's sweep Tigers in doubleheader, set playoff date at Toronto
- Mariners history quiz: Test your knowledge of Seattle's playoff drought
- UW men's basketball team lands four-star 2023 recruit Wesley Yates III
- Marco Gonzales goes 7 innings, Ty France hits walk-off single for win in Mariners' regular-season finale
Nick Mayo had 29 points and nine rebounds for Eastern Kentucky (10-11, 3-5).