BOSTON (AP) — Celtics guard Jaylen Brown is sitting out Game 1 of Boston’s Eastern Conference Semifinals matchup with the 76ers with a right hamstring strain.
Boston made the announcement prior to Monday night’s tip-off.
Brown suffered the injury in the Celtics’ Game 7 win over Milwaukee on Saturday.
Celtics coach Brad Stevens said Marcus Smart will start in Brown’s place.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks agree to trade DB Ugo Amadi for Eagles receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
- Analysis: With one preseason game done, time to project the Seahawks' 53-man roster
- Analysis: Where the QB battle stands and four other thoughts after the Seahawks' preseason opener
- Sam Haggerty starts the chaos on the bases as Mariners score four in ninth to beat Angels
- If Seahawks QB competition remains close, Geno Smith will win job
For more AP NBA coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball