CLEVELAND (AP) — Cavaliers guard George Hill is back for Game 7 against Indiana after missing three games with back spasms.
Coach Tyronn Lue says Hill is available to play Sunday, but he wouldn’t say if the veteran is starting. Lue did not reveal any of his starters.
Hill was injured in the series opener and has been bothered by back spasms since. But with Cleveland’s season on the line, the veteran wanted to play and Lue said Hill was cleared to go by the team’s medical staff.
Jose Calderon started the past three games in place of Hill, who was acquired at the Feb. 8 trade deadline from Sacramento. Hill is averaging 8.7 points and 1.7 assists in the series.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What to watch for when Seahawks take on Steelers in preseason game
- Las Vegas police say Marshawn Lynch was asleep in car before arrest
- Even jaded fans must admit the Mariners have a good chance to end their playoff drought
- Mailbag: The true cost of Pac-12 Networks, Big Ten timing, the need for night games and more
- Julio Rodriguez returns to Mariners after stint on injured list
Hill initially injured his back when he was hit from behind on a blind screen by Indiana’s Trevor Booker, who was called for a foul.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball