NEW YORK (AP) — Charlie Brown had 20 points as Saint Joseph’s snapped its eight-game road losing streak, topping Fordham 66-52 on Wednesday night.
Lorenzo Edwards had 18 points and 11 rebounds for Saint Joseph’s (12-16, 5-10 Atlantic 10 Conference). Lamarr Kimble added 14 points. Jared Bynum had six rebounds for the road team.
The Hawks were in trouble after the first half, entering halftime trailing 34-23. But the road team mounted a serious rally in the second half to coast to the 14-point victory. The Rams’ 18 points in the second half marked a season low for the team.
Ty Perry had 12 points for the Rams (11-17, 2-13). Nick Honor added 10 points. Jesse Bunting had seven rebounds.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Will Conroy showcases coaching transformation by guiding UW men to win as acting head coach
- Mariners position overview: Jarred Kelenic wasn't meant to be the everyday center fielder, but it's a role he'll have to embrace
- Superstar Breanna Stewart leaving Seattle in free agency would send the Storm back to mediocrity
- Carr family rumble: Auburn Mountainview, Kentlake girls basketball teams face off with sisters as opposing coaches
- Kraken's short win streak comes to an emphatic end as Blues have little trouble
Antwon Portley, who was second on the Rams in scoring entering the matchup with 12 points per game, had only 5 points (1 of 11).
Saint Joseph’s plays La Salle at home on Saturday. Fordham faces Davidson on the road on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com