PHILADELPHIA (AP) — AJ Brodeur recorded 17 points and 10 rebounds to lead Penn to a 68-50 win over Cornell on Saturday night.
Devon Goodman had 16 points for Penn (16-10, 4-6 Ivy League). Jake Silpe added 12 points. Antonio Woods had 12 points for the hosts.
Penn headed into halftime trailing narrowly, 32-30, but the Quakers were able to outscore the Big Red 38-18 in the second half to pull away for the victory. The Big Red’s 18 points in the second half were a season low for the team.
Matt Morgan had 21 points for the Big Red (13-13, 5-5). Josh Warren added seven rebounds and three blocks. Steven Julian had seven rebounds.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Michigan defensive line twins Armon, Jayvon Parker announce dual commitments to UW Huskies
- Seahawks position review: Russell Wilson is still the Seahawks quarterback for now. But who will be behind him?
- Born with a club foot, Edmonds ice dancer Jean-Luc Baker defied the odds and is ready for his first Olympics
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
- Gonzaga legend and Basketball Hall of Famer John Stockton draws ire for anti-vaccine comments
The Quakers evened the season series against the Big Red with the win. Cornell defeated Penn 80-71 on Feb. 1. Penn matches up against Harvard on the road on Friday. Cornell matches up against Yale on the road on Friday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com