RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Brazil’s national team will play its first friendly of the year against Panama on March 23 in Portugal.
The Brazilian football confederation said Friday the match will be at FC Porto’s Dragao stadium.
Brazil will then play the Czech Republic in Prague three days later.
Coach Tite’s great goal for the year is to win the Copa America at home. It is unlikely he will count on striker Neymar for either of the friendlies with the Paris Saint-Germain player recovering from foot surgery.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Storm star Breanna Stewart reportedly met with NY Liberty last week. Could she actually leave Seattle?
- Huskies men, minus coach Mike Hopkins, win third straight, defeating Oregon State
- The MLB lockout hurts everywhere but especially in Seattle where hope has rarely been higher
- Mariners position overview: Jarred Kelenic wasn't meant to be the everyday center fielder, but it's a role he'll have to embrace
- Despite taking the long road to his dream school, LB transfer Demario King is ready to make an immediate impact at UW
Brazil is expected to test several players that didn’t go to the last World Cup in the two games.
One of them is Real Madrid’s 18-year-old striker Vinicius Jr, as Tite himself said in different interviews.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports