BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP) — Dylan Frye had 14 points, with four 3-pointers, seven rebounds and five assists, Justin Turner added 13 points and Bowling Green beat Western Michigan 79-48 on Saturday for its ninth straight victory.
BGSU (13-5, 5-0 Mid-American Conference) is off to its best start in conference play in 57 years and has won 10 consecutive home games for the program’s best effort since the 1999-00 team went 12-0 at Anderson Arena.
Antwon Lillard chipped in with 10 points and six rebounds for Bowling Green. Turner entered having scored 20-plus in five consecutive MAC regular-season games but was just 5 of 13 from the field.
The Falcons started the game on a 9-0 run and held WMU to 21-percent shooting (6 of 28) in the first half for a 30-17 lead.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Jerry Dipoto tells Mariners fans what they don't want to hear
- National media reacts to Seahawks’ dominating MNF win over Giants
- Seahawks' Pete Carroll says Geno Smith 'lucky' to escape serious injury after 'dangerous' tackle
- Pac-12 power rankings: UW drops after win, and WSU moves up again
- Seahawks defense feasts on Giants in dominant 'Monday Night Football' win
Seth Dugan had eight points and nine rebounds for Western Michigan (6-12, 0-5), which has lost five straight.