NACOGDOCHES, Texas (AP) — Shannon Bogues scored the final 5 points and Stephen F. Austin rallied from a 7-point deficit in the final 26 seconds to defeat Abilene Christian 61-60 on Wednesday night.
Davonte Fitzgerald made 1 of 2 free throws with 26 seconds left to start the rally, Kevon Harris dunked for two more points and Bogues hit a jumper at 0:13 followed by a 3-pointer for the lead with 5 seconds to go.
Abilene Christian’s Payten Ricks had an eventful final minute. His two free throws at 0:46 put the Wildcats up 60-53 but his turnover with 17 seconds left and missed free throw five seconds later set the stage for Bogues’ go-ahead 3-pointer. Ricks missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer.
Bogues scored 20 points, going 4-for-9 from distance, and had six rebounds. Harris scored 24 points and Fitzgerald had 13 points and 10 rebounds for Stephen F. Austin (10-8, 3-3 Southland Conference).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Fired WSU coach Nick Rolovich explains why he refused COVID-19 vaccine
- Here is Mariners' magic number to clinch first postseason berth since 2001
- What to watch for when No. 18 Washington opens Pac-12 play against Stanford, plus Mike Vorel's prediction
- Mariners’ Julio Rodriguez lands on 10-day injured list with back strain
- Stanford has wreaked havoc against UW in recent seasons. Can the Huskies stay hungry?
Hayden Farquhar scored 19 points, Jaylen Franklin added 15 points and Ricks had 11 points for Abilene Christian (16-4, 5-2).
The Lumberjacks trailed for most of the game. Their last lead prior to the final seconds was 35-33 with 15:19 left in regulation.