BOONE, N.C. (AP) — Malik Benlevi had 20 points as Georgia State edged past Appalachian State 80-75 on Thursday night.
D’Marcus Simonds had 18 points for Georgia State (19-8, 10-4 Sun Belt Conference). Kane Williams added 18 points. Jeff Thomas had 11 points for the visitors.
Justin Forrest had 17 points for the Mountaineers (9-17, 4-9). Tyrell Johnson added 13 points, eight rebounds and three blocks. Isaac Johnson had 13 points and 10 rebounds.
Georgia State plays Coastal Carolina on the road on Saturday. Appalachian State matches up against Georgia Southern at home on Saturday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pittsburgh LB and team captain Cam Bright announces graduate transfer to UW Huskies
- John Stockton’s defiance of COVID-19 mask mandate forces Gonzaga to suspend Hall of Famer’s season tickets
- Gonzaga legend and Basketball Hall of Famer John Stockton draws ire for anti-vaccine comments
- Key dates to keep in mind as the Seahawks navigate the offseason
- Here's how the overtime NFL playoff game between the Chiefs and Bills could have been even better
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com