The Fundamentals of Fly Casting Class is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 9 at the Sportsman’s Warehouse, 1405 S. 348th St. in Federal Way.
The class introduces beginning students to angling equipment, leaders, knots and the fundamentals of fly-casting. Each five-hour session covers instruction, demonstration and practice on private waters. In addition, there is instruction on rod assembly and care, stance, hook removal, and various casting techniques.
Instructors include Darrel Martin, certified by the International Federation of Fly-Fishers (USA) and the Advanced Professional Game Angling Instructors (UK), and Michael Martin, experienced guide and instructor.
Students are encouraged to bring lunch and drink, and fishing equipment. Cost is $50 (includes a $30 deposit to reserve your spot). Details: 253-835-4100.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks agree to trade DB Ugo Amadi for Eagles receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
- Analysis: With one preseason game done, time to project the Seahawks' 53-man roster
- Sam Haggerty starts the chaos on the bases as Mariners score four in ninth to beat Angels
- Analysis: Where the QB battle stands and four other thoughts after the Seahawks' preseason opener
- Scott Servais reflects on becoming only second Mariners manager to reach 500 wins