LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball are leaving their Lithuania team by mutual agreement.
BC Prienu Vytautas on Thursday announced the departure of the younger brothers of Los Angeles Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball. The team says LiAngelo injured an ankle and LaMelo has been bothered by back pain.
Lithuanian basketball writer Donatas Urbonas says on Twitter that father LaVar Ball told him he was upset over LaMelo’s diminished playing time.
Nineteen-year-old LiAngelo averaged 12.6 points and 21.2 minutes in 14 games, and 16-year-old LaMelo averaged 6.5 points and 12.4 minutes in eight games.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners could be gearing up for historic 10-game stretch of baseball
- Boys are back in town: Seahawks ready for Super Bowl reunion this weekend
- Where Seahawks stand in NFL power rankings after Week 2
- Mariners keep pace in AL West with sweep of A's
- Pac-12 picks of the week: Will WSU upset OSU? And Colorado gets toughest test yet
LiAngelo left UCLA in December after he was suspended for shoplifting during the Bruins’ trip to China. He has declared for the NBA draft. LaMelo left his California high school to turn pro.