COOKEVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — James Baker had a career-high 20 points as Morehead State edged past Tennessee Tech 66-63 on Saturday night.
Baker shot 9 for 12 from the field. He added four blocks.
Jordan Walker scored the go-ahead basket on a jumper that made it 61-59 with 1:30 left. Lamontray Harris scored Morehead State’s final five points to help secure the win.
Harris had 15 points and seven rebounds for Morehead State (11-18, 7-9 Ohio Valley Conference). Jordan Walker added 12 points.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Will Conroy showcases coaching transformation by guiding UW men to win as acting head coach
- Superstar Breanna Stewart leaving Seattle in free agency would send the Storm back to mediocrity
- Mariners position overview: Jarred Kelenic wasn't meant to be the everyday center fielder, but it's a role he'll have to embrace
- Carr family rumble: Auburn Mountainview, Kentlake girls basketball teams face off with sisters as opposing coaches
- Mariners mailbag: What could M's get for Taylor Trammell, Luis Torrens or Jake Fraley in a trade?
Jared Sherfield scored a season-high 20 points and had seven rebounds for the Golden Eagles (7-22, 3-13), who have now lost eight consecutive games. Jr Clay added 15 points and seven assists. Hunter Vick had 10 points and three blocks.
The Eagles improve to 2-0 against the Golden Eagles this season. Morehead State defeated Tennessee Tech 67-61 on Jan. 24. Morehead State faces Murray State at home on Thursday. Tennessee Tech faces Southern Illinois-Edwardsville on the road on Thursday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap , using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com