Backtalk: Letters to the Sports Editor
Adding them up
Seattle SuperSonics: 1 NBA title.
Seattle Seahawks: 1 Super Bowl victory.
Seattle Sounders: 1 MLS Cup.
Seattle Storm: 3 WNBA championships. Leave it to the women to lead the way!
Most Read Sports Stories
- Now and Then? Mariners send Edwin Encarnacion to Yankees for prospect they already traded away
- He was the No. 1 amateur in the world as a senior at UW. Now, he's giving up professional golf.
- Lakers' trade for Anthony Davis something LeBron James and the NBA desperately needed | Matt Calkins
- Surprises, setbacks and successes: A progress report on Jerry Dipoto and the Mariners' offseason trades | Analysis
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Ed Sumabat, Snohomish
Any truth to the rumor that the Seahawks plan to create a new position for Mychal Kendricks called insider linebacker?
Raymond Wilson, Bellevue
Punter Dickson is cool, but …
My frustration over the Seahawks’ loss to Denver can be summed up as follows: When the punter is your best player, you know you have problems.
Bill Griffiths, Bellevue
Dissly better than Graham
Who needs Jimmy Graham? The Seahawks have Will Dissly, who had a remarkable game against Denver. Oh, and he is also a good blocker, something Graham couldn’t stomach doing, or even putting any effort into.
Philip Payne, Everett
Name that team
Regarding the unofficial contest to name our future NHL team, I’m disappointed that the Seattle Cranes didn’t make the short list, given that we’re now bragging about being “crane city.”
Editor: A few other entries that didn’t make the (just for fun) online tournament: Lumberjacks, Chinooks, Tsunami, Otters. Did you vote? Go online to vote in the first round, at st.news/NHL-name-tournament. The second round begins Monday, where the four survivor names battle against four editors’ picks. A winner will be announced Oct. 8.
Send us your backtalk:
Please limit letters to 125 words or less. They are subject to editing and become the property of The Times. Mail to: Backtalk, Seattle Times Sports, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org