I’m starting our weekly post where I run tasty seafood recipes gathered from restaurants, chefs, fishmongers and even readers who submit them.
Beginning Wednesday, Seattle sushi chef Taichi Kitamura, owner of Sushi Kappo Tamura on Eastlake will kick it off with his seafood pick that feature the “catch” of the week.
This season we have recipes and advice from April through October on how to cook up and dish out a wide variety of local seafood from a full line up of chefs like Executive Chef Jason Brzozowy for Maria Hines Restaurants – Tilth, Golden Beetle and Agrodolce restaurants; Chef Pat Donahue and other head chefs with Anthony’s Restaurant; executive chefs and head chefs from El Gaucho, Aqua by El Gaucho and The Inn at El Gaucho; Chef Shota Nakajima owner of Naka; Jason Wilson owner of Miller’s Guild; Chef Jun Takai from Shiro’s Sushi; Taylor Hoang who owns five Pho Cyclo locations; Chef Maximillian Petty from Eden Hill Restaurant; and Chef Megan Coombes from Altstadt Restaurant in Pioneer Square.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former WSU and UW women’s basketball coach June Daugherty dies at 64
- Seattle's Nevin Harrison becomes first to win Olympic gold medal in 200 meter canoe sprint
- Tough day for Seahawks offense at training camp is a 'first test' for new coordinator Shane Waldron
- 'I thought we were for sure headed to Seattle': Kraken rumors got attention of Carey and Angela Price
- Commentary: Simone Biles was abandoned by U.S. Olympic officials, and the torment hasn't stopped
After taking a season off Tom Douglas owner of Lola, Palace Kitchen, Dahlia Lounge, Workshop and Bakery, Etta’s, Serious Pie Downtown and Westlake, Seatown, Brave Horse Tavern, Cuoco, Assembly Hall, Home Remedy and Tanaka San will provide his insight on how to prepare the array of seafood the Pacific Northwest has to offer.
Anglers are always looking for creative ways to cook up our catch of the day.
Recipes are posted every Wednesday and/or Thursday through Nov. 2. Also if you have a recipe you’d like to reel-in my way, please let me know and I will post them and will even test it out with my family and friends at the dinner table.