COOKEVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Terry Taylor had 18 points and eight rebounds, Chris Porter-Bunton added 15 points, and Austin Peay dominated Tennessee Tech for a 77-66 win on Thursday night.
The Governors (15-7, 7-2 Ohio Valley Conference) scored 10 straight and jumped to a 17-5 lead after Tennessee Tech (7-15, 3-6) scored the opening basket. Austin Peay had a double-digit lead from 24-14 with 7:27 left in the first half until Hunter Vick’s 3-point play cut the deficit to 75-66 with 32 seconds left in the game.
Zach Glotta added 12 points and Jabari McGhee scored 10 for the Governors. Austin Peay had its largest lead at 49-26 early in the second half.
Vick and Jr. Clay had 14 points each for the Golden Eagles.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Gonzaga legend and Basketball Hall of Famer John Stockton draws ire for anti-vaccine comments
- Michigan defensive line twins Armon, Jayvon Parker announce dual commitments to UW Huskies
- Seahawks position review: Russell Wilson is still the Seahawks quarterback for now. But who will be behind him?
- Zion Tupuola-Fetui announces he'll return to UW for fifth season in 2022: 'Let's go to work'
- Here's how the overtime NFL playoff game between the Chiefs and Bills could have been even better
Austin Peay committed just nine turnovers while Tennessee Tech had 24.