LONDON (AP) — Arsenal’s head of recruitment is leaving the Premier League club after barely a year in the job.
Sven Mislintat joined Arsenal in December 2017 from Borussia Dortmund but Arsenal says he will be leaving on Feb. 8.
Arsenal did not provide a reason for his departure, with Mislintat saying he is “looking forward to new challenges.”
The biggest deal Mislintat oversaw was Arsenal breaking its club record to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Dortmund a year ago for 63.75 million euros (then $80 million).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Fired WSU coach Nick Rolovich explains why he refused COVID-19 vaccine
- Huskies GameCenter: Live updates, highlights, how to watch, stream UW-Stanford
- Mariners sign ace Luis Castillo to five-year, $108 million extension
- What to watch for when No. 18 Washington opens Pac-12 play against Stanford, plus Mike Vorel's prediction
- Cal Raleigh comes through again as Mariners rally for victory in Kansas City
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports